Volunteer applications are accepted only once a year during September. The recruitment process takes approximately 3 months and each academy begins in January.
Click the link to learn more about about our volunteer program.
The Fire District will hire at least one firefighter/EMT position in 2017 to fill a vacancy due to retirement planned for April 2017. Applicants must complete testing with Public Safety Testing by October 31, 2016 in order to be considered.
Preference points are provided for current or recent past (5 years) volunteer members and all Key Peninsula volunteers who achieve a passing score on the written exam will be invited to the next phase of testing. Further testing dates for November will be provided to candidates directly. Anticipated hiring date is January 3, 2017.
Please visit Public Safety Testing to apply and test for the Positions of Entry Level Firefighter or Firefighter / Paramedic once they are announced.
We are looking for people with high levels of integrity, respect, commitment, and accountability. Successful individuals are responsive, excel in a teamwork environment, and provide excellent customer service.
Firefighter applicants must be certified as an EMT-B or EMT-P in Washington State or National Registry within 60 days from date of hire.
Other requirements include:
- A valid Washington State driver's license by date of hire.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 21 years of age by application date.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment processes including a physical, physician's exam and background check.
- Ability to complete a 1 year probationary period.