DATES OF SERVICE: MAY 1999 THROUGH PRESENT
- Hired May 1, 1999 as a Shift Lieutenant and was promoted to Shift Captain in June 2001.
- Filled a temporary assignment as Division Chief of Operations and Technical Services from May 2005 to March 2006 at which time I was promoted full time as the Division Chief of Operations.
- On January 1, 2012 I was promoted to fill the long vacant Assistant Fire Chief position and then on January 28, 2014 the Board of Commissioners appointed me as the Interim Fire Chief, which became a full time appointment on September 23, 2014.
- Graduated Blaine High School in 1981.
- Attended various fire service related classes at Whatcom Community College.
- Graduated from the Washington State Fire Service Academy in May 1983.
- Certificate recognizing Fire Officer 1 and 2 credentials.
- Hired as a Maintenance Mechanic for Whatcom County Fire District #13 August 1982. After completing the State Fire Academy I was later promoted to Firefighter-Mechanic February 1984.
- Hired by the City of Blaine Fire Department as their Training Captain in June 1989 and later promoted to Staff Captain of Operations with City of Blaine in 1995 and remained until hired by Key Peninsula.
I married my high school sweetheart in September 1986 and remain totally in love. We have two children, a daughter who is married and works for Advanced Medical Imaging in Port Orchard and a Son who works for The Doctors Clinic Facility Maintenance in Kitsap County. We enjoy boating, camping and other outdoor activities and I really love flying when the weather and my schedule come together.
Community Involvement: I’ve been involved with youth sports including 11 years as a Boys & Girls Club football coach (back to back undefeated seasons and 4 county championships), 3 years of coaching Babe Ruth baseball (1 league championship), 1 year of “T”-Ball when my son was 5 and 4 years of junior basketball (1 undefeated season!). I was also an assistant football coach at Marcus Whitman Junior High for 2 years and assisted with two summer football camps at South Kitsap High School. I am also on the Associate Board of Directors for the Red Barn Youth Center.
I am proud to serve you as your Fire Chief and I look forward to building the trust and confidence you expect from your fire department.